‘3LC’ T-Chairs by Katavolos, Littell and Kelley for Laverne International, 1950s
Rare lounge versions of the 3LC chairs, better known as T-chairs. Chrome-plated and enameled steel with original cognac leather sling, designed by William Katavolos, Ross Littell, and Douglas Kelley. By Laverne International’s “New Furniture” collection of 1952.
With hidden screws, the leather seat is attached to a frame of chromed tubular steel and black-lacquered flat steel to create a striking three-legged chair. The steel frame creates an open look and a floating appearance of the seating.
The T chair can be found in the permanent collection of the Museum of Modern Art in New York and other top museums worldwide.
In very good condition. Patinated leather, some signs on the frames.
91cm H x 84cm W x 80cm D